Stay Energized over the Holidays … 5 secret weapons
Syd Hoffman is the author of “All-Day Energy: 100 Ways to Boost Your Energy…Now!”
1. Move your body for 10 minutes! Ten minutes of dancing, brisk walking, chasing young people around the park, etc. gives you two hours of energy! It also reduces your stress and improves your mood… two very nice side effects!
2. Pack an insulated bag with mini-meals for your busy day. Don’t forget to include a variety. My favorites: chopped veggies/fruit, hummus, a handful of nuts, gluten-free crackers, a small salad, a collard green wrap. Keep a water bottle close by for a feast fit for royalty.
3. Take a break! Balance a go-go-go day with a 30 minute nap or reading break. When we are overtired, we choose the wrong foods to eat, make poor decisions, and are not at the top of our game. A life in balance is a life worth living.
4. Add a spoonful of laughter. This simple action increases heart rate, activates muscles, and instantly revives you. If possible, include time to laugh with your family and friends every single day. (On the road? Look at a humorous blog or watch a funny video.)
5. Pep up with Peppermint. The scent of peppermint boosts motivation and concentration. One stiff of this natural stimulant can increase your energy at work, school, home, the mall….or wherever you are. Keep peppermint foot cream, lip balm, gum, and teabags handy.
Have a happy healthy holiday season!
Syd Hoffman was a teacher for 16 years, then founded and was the principal for a private K-8 elementary school. After selling her six-acre campus, she set off to explore the world and then came home and created a fitness center for people of all ages and sizes. You can find her exercising daily and teaching health and wellness immersions, retreats and workshops. www.SydHoffman.com